Saturday, August 29, 2009

Little Creatures

It was a beautiful day today so I decided to go for a hike. My destination was our favorite park, Wilson Island. I didn't see any wildlife, well not any large wildlife, but what I did see were some little creatures. These are the guys that we only pay attention to when we're swatting at them. So, here they are, the "little creatures".





I found this cikada (not sure on spelling) just as he was finishing sheding. You can see in pictures 2 and 3 that the wings are still curled up. Pretty cool.

Then I stopped by the chute, which is my favorite spot. I caught these guys getting a little sun.





And then I found these guys. I usually take alot of pictures of flowers, but the flowers aren't the focus of these shots.







I'm not even sure what to say about this shot. Bug Love????



Take the time to check out the "little creatures" you find. Have a great weekend :)



2 comments:

Nej said...

The frog can live...the others must perish before they fly in my hair. Yeah, you heard me. You oldest tomboy is a girlie girl when it comes to bugs! :-) :-)

Goody Two Shoes said...

Bugs aren't really my favorite either, but I've gotten hooked on taking pictures of them.