Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday lunch at the park

I used to go to the park near my office to eat lunch nearly everyday, but stopped for some unknown reason. Well, today was so beautiful and Kerri and I were having a hard time concentrating at work, plus she just found out that her husband has to have heart surgery again. Anyway, we skipped out for a long lunch. A new Jimmy John's opened near us and today was their grand opening. $1.00 subs were calling our names. We braved the crowd, got our food and headed for the park.

As I said, I haven't been going there to eat lunch for quite awhile, and while I was away they have done alot of work. There was a very small lake, which they have enlarged, and there's a walking trail all the way around it.

We sat and ate our subs, talked about anything but work and enjoyed the view.
It wasn't long before this guy wandered by.






Surprisingly, he wasn't at all bothered by my presence. This last shot was taken using no zoom at all. I kept hoping he would catch a fish while we were watching. But alas, nope.

Anyway, across the lake from where we were sitting were some more residents of the park.



I was amazed by the variety of wildlife that call the park home. I wasn't quick enough to get pictures of the turtles or frogs. There were also some white ducks and a variety of birds. What a great way to spend a beautiful Friday afternoon, or at least part of one. Right before we left we also saw a muskrat swimming across the lake. He was pretty shy too and opted not to have his photo taken.
Mother Nature also provided some lovely flowers to decorate the lake banks.





Well, here's to Mother Nature. Now go out and find your own beautiful spot to enjoy the view. Have a great weekend. :)

No comments: