Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An oasis in Hell

Yep, I said it. And guess what? I really mean it. If you've been reading any of my posts, you know that I've spent alot of time in the dessert lately. I've come to discover that I consider the dessert, or at least most of the dessert, hell. It's hot, it's dry, it's dusty, it's hot, it's scary, some parts are pretty in a hot dry dusty scary kind of way. But anyway, it's mostly hell.
After 3 trips to the dessert I really needed to find that "oasis" and I found it. Santa Fe New Mexico. Jen, Tom, Kent, Linda and I took off for Santa Fe and the temp in Tucumcari was hovering somewhere near 99. By the time we arrived in Santa Fe is was a balmy 68. Heaven on Earth or my Oasis in Hell. I loved every minute of it.
We discovered Canyon Drive, the art district. Every store was a new treasure chest, just waiting for me to open it. Of course every store had prices way beyond my budget, but the looking was s00000000000000 fun. And of course, the picture taking. Well, let's just let a few pictues do the talking, especially since I've run out of things to say.









Tom visiting with one of the artists.


This is my favorite shot of all. Something about this scene just looks so peaceful and calming.

This little guy reminded me so much of Brandon.
But I finally found a spot to shop where I could actually afford to buy something. The street vendors. Loved it!!!!
And while we were shopping there was a street band playing some really cool music. It was the perfect ending to my trip to my "oasis in hell"
I definately want to go back when I can stay longer.
I hope you can find your own oasis. Have a wonderful day and please come and visit again. :)

1 comment:

Nej said...

"Ya'll come back no, ya hear?!"

:-)