Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Update, Labor Day

I didn't get out the camera much this past weekend and I really wish I had. I left work on Friday at about 2:00 and headed to the grocery store for some last minute necessities. Mom was coming out for supper on Friday and I needed a few things.

She came out and we had a nice supper of grilled salmon, steamed veggies and tomatoes. After we ate we took a drive through De Soto Wildlife refuge. Got a few nice shots.







Don't know what's going on with me lately. I've taken alot of pictures of bugs. Weird!!



Saturday morning was busy with the normal camp host morning stuff like cleaning the restrooms, stocking the outhouses, etc. Doug, Cindy and the kids came out late afternoon and not long after my mom and aunt and uncle showed up. We made supper in the dutch oven and spent the evening visiting. Everybody headed home about 9:00 except for Brandon and Lauren who were spending the rest of the weekend with me.

Sunday wasn't terribly exciting. The kids spent alot of time at the "park", that's what they call the playground and then came back and watched movies. I just sat around and read. Really laid back day.

We slept in on Monday and then Brandon surprised me at making breakfast and it was yummy!!!!






That's his version of Mountain Man Breakfast.

Michael took the kids home on his way to work and the rest of the day was all mine. I spent some time driving around the park in the ranger picking up trash and then just vegged, totally. I took the ranger back to the office at about 8:00 and took these pictures on my hike back to the campsite.









Hope you weekend was a good one. :)

2 comments:

Nej said...

Grandma told me you were taking bug pictures when she was out there. (hehehehe)

Goody Two Shoes said...

Yeah, and we saw the funniest thing. We were stopped along the road at DeSoto, looking at butterflies when I saw a few deer at the end of the road. We got back in the car to see if we could get closer to them. Anyway, they appeared to have left, but when I came over the top of a small hill they were off to the right. I guess we scared them, 'cause they took off running and ran into each other and fell down. Funniest thing I ever saw. They all got up and ran away, so guess no one got hurt.