Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Old Photo Wednesday # 3

If you are a follower of "The Adventures of Mot and Nej" as I am and you read her post today you'll know where the inspiration for this post came from. If you haven't read her posts before, check it out. She's listed under my blog list. Anyway, she posted a black and white picture of an old storefront from a small town in New Mexico, San Jon. It reminded me of some photos I took a few years ago of a similiar town in Iowa. Blockton IA to be exact. It's also a VERY small town in the middle of nowhere with a declining population. Anyway, here are some photos taken in 2000 or there abouts. Enjoy.











So I guess the moral to the story, if there is one, is take the time to get off the interstate and visit a small town. They may be small but sometimes they hold some big treasures.
Have a great day :)

2 comments:

Nej said...

Your chair photo is still my favorite of your Blockton black and whites. :-)

PS, I need to start charging you for blog ideas, don't I? It's a goldmine!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

Goody Two Shoes said...

Yep, alot of your posts and ideas have given me ideas. I don't know about the "charging" part.