Friday, September 25, 2009

Call me crazy!!!!

OK, I've decided to make a confession, but I'm sure once you read it you'll think I'm crazy. Well, maybe I am, but I decided it was time to tell the world.

So, let's start at the beginning. My oldest daughter Jennifer and her hubby Tom have , or I should say had, 3 beautiful Scottish Terriers. Penny, Isaac and Rowan. I like them all, but Rowan was my special favorite. She loved it when grandma came to visit 'cause she liked to play ball and I would always play with her.

My beautiful Rowan passed away this summer. She had diabetes and it finally took it's toll. I have to admit we've lost some pets over the years and I've shed a few tears for all of them, but something about Rowan's passing was really hard. I still tear up when I think about her.

Anyway, and here's where the story takes a turn towards crazy, I drive on I-29 everyday to get to work in Omaha and there's this tree along the side of the road that caught my eye. I think it looks like a Scottish Terrier standing up on it's hind legs. I've decided that it's Rowan come back in tree form. And if that's not crazy enough, I talk to the stupid thing. Every morning when I pass by the tree I tell it good morning and to "have a great day"!!!

OK, so maybe some confessions are best kept a secret.
Anyway, today I decided to take a picture of said tree so you can judge for yourself. The picture isn't the best 'cause my windshield is really dirty and it was raining, but here is "The Rowan Tree"


Have a great day!!! :-)

2 comments:

Nej said...

The Rowan Tree

Goody Two Shoes said...

You'll have to check it out. It really does look like her.