Monday, December 14, 2009

Those Darn Hunters

Yesterday would have been a perfect day for a snowy walk in the woods except for one thing.

HUNTERS!!!!
They were everywhere. I don't think I've ever seen so many people wearing orange in one place before in my life.
I tried Hitchcock and they were there (along with the Hawkwatchers).
Then I tried Wilson Island and they were there.
So I tried DeSoto and they were there.
I'm beginning to hate hunters. Don't get me wrong, some of the people I love most are hunters, but really, can't we save just a little space for those of us who only "hunt" with a camera. I didn't even get out of the car for fear of being shot. I wasn't sure I was even safe in the car (and I drive a bright red Ford Focus)
Anyway, I ended up doing all of my "hiking" from inside my car. I did get a few good pictures.
I guess next time I'll try Fontenelle (not sure about that spelling)Nature Center. Maybe they don't let hunters in there.
Anyway, here's a few shots that I did manage to get.








Well, happy hunting, I guess. For now I'm staying in the car!!!!
:-)

2 comments:

Nej said...

OK...so wait, let me get this straight. Because they have a couple months (total) a year to hunt...they are supposed to not do it, so you can walk all 12, instead of just 10??

Next time we're making dinner when you stop by, and it's something we've hunted...I'll remind you of this post. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Goody Two Shoes said...

I know, but it was a perfect day in November to hike, which doesn't happen all that often. Anyway, I left and let them have the park all to themselves.

I now have an orange hat and vest in the car to wear so I won't get shot.