Saturday, December 5, 2009

Black Friday...........I keep asking myself, Why????

Looks like I have some catching up to do. Haven't posted in awhile.

Let's see, I left off at Thanksgiving evening. Everyone was totally stuffed with Jen's fabulous meal and we spent the rest of the day just vegging.

We were going to be up early for our next adventure of the weekend. Black Friday shopping.

Last year was my first Black Friday experience and I decided to give it a try again this year. I got a little freaked out by the insanity last year, figured this year had to be better.

I need to rethink that.

We were up at 1:30 out of the house by 2:00 and were to our first stop, Old Navy, by 2:30. The line was insane and we decided to skip it and try stop 2, which was Kohl's. Cindy's sister-in-laws were in line at Old Navy so we gave them our list and some money and left it in their capable hands.

No one was in line at Kohl's when we got there so we waited in the car for awhile. When the first people got in line, we followed. I wimped out and went back to the car to wait until about the last 10 minutes, then joined the girls. This was really the only crazy point in the morning. Line jumpers caused a little stir and we got pushed around a little, but we made it in and got what we were looking for.

Next up was Target, then Ulta and Shoe Carnival. All good experiences.

Then we headed back to Jen's to unload the jeep and wait for the next stop to open which was Rockbrook Camera at 9:00 AM. We traded vehicles, so Tom could pack the Jeep. He and Jen were heading to North Platte as soon as we got back. Jen took her car and Cindy and I followed in mine. After Rockbrook, which was really fun, Jen headed home and I took Cindy home.

After having lunch with the Bertelsen's (Doug's awesome bisciuts and gravy) I headed home and to bed for a nap.

I was supposed to go to a Hockey game on Friday night, but was just too tired to make the drive so stayed home and played on the computer instead.

If asked, I'll probably make the Black Friday shopping trip again next year. I'm crazy!!!

:-)

No comments: