Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Old Photo Wednesday # 9, Float Trip

It's funny how you can be having a conversation about one thing and it totally makes you think of something else. I was talking to some friends at work today about our annual campout family reunion that's coming up. We were talking about camping so late in the season and how the weather is so unpredictable. One year it's freezing and the next year we're boating on the late, all the second week in October.

Anyway, the whole conversation suddenly made me think about the first float trip I ever took. I was with my family in Minnesota and the girls were pretty young. I think Cindy was maybe 4, anyway we were visiting my sister Carol and her family and we decided to take a float trip on a local river. We packed a picnic lunch and headed out. After we finished lunch we were ready to get in our canoes and head out. Cindy was thinking this was a really great idea 'til she found out we actually had to get into the canoes. Her reaction.....................
"No you can't make we go!!!!! I'll just stay here an wait for you."
We then had to explain that we weren't coming back here and she would have to come with us. Anyway, she did finally get in the canoe and ended up having a good time. Oh sweet memories..............





:-)

1 comment:

Nej said...

Right up until the canoe we were in sprung a pretty significant leak. Then she really started freaking out.

I can remember her just standing there on the bank....heels dug in....refusing to get into the boat. :-)