Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Random Stuff

It's been an "interesting" couple of weeks for me. I had been looking forward to the 4th of July weekend for quite awhile. Michael's sister, her husband and daughter were coming to camp with us and our kids would be coming out to visit as well. We haven't all been together for along time. Then, Michael calls to say he's on his way to Texas. His dad has cancer and isn't doing very well.

He had a safe trip, thank god, and got to spend some time with his dad. I'm sure he'll be making the trip alot this summer.

Kent and Linda arrived at the campground on Friday evening. They had a site reserved and were staying in their tent. Wouldn't you know, it rained Friday night. Not just rained, it poured. The next morning several people left including those in the campground right across from our site. So what did we do, we moved their tent of course. How you ask? Well..............



Video will go here when I get it working right.







I never said we were normal!!!!

The weather was rather cold and damp on the 4th so we spent most of the day sitting under our awning visiting and eating.




And looking at some old pictures Michael brought back from his dad's house.



And playing games..............





And eating some more.....................


Sunday turned out to be a much nicer day and Kent, Linda, Amanda and Jen went Kayaking. I just went along to take pictures.








After an afternoon on the water everyone, even those who weren't on the water took naps, and then after supper we all loaded up and went for ice cream.




I had to go back to work on Monday, but the whole gang met up again at Doug and Cindy's new house. Doug made lasagna (yummy!!!!) and we visited some more. We never seem to run out of things to say.








It's always hard to say "good-bye" but hopefully it won't be too long before we see them again.






I love my family!!!!!


See you next time.




1 comment:

Nej said...

That picture of me in the kayak really needs to go. (hehehe)

It WAS a fun weekend!!!!!! :-)

I can't remember what the ice cream cone said....