Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Update 2 movies and 2 much 2 eat

It was a pretty quiet weekend for me. It started by heading to Cindy's (youngest daughter) after work. She and Grandson Brandon wanted me to go out for the evening with them. Doug and Lauren were at church camp, so it would just be the 3 of us. We dined at "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and saw the new Transformers movie. Excellent flick.

Michael was working, so I had alot of time to myself. With the 4th of July weekend quickly approaching and the possibility of house guests, I did think a little house cleaning was in order. Some is done but there's alot left to do. Maybe it just won't get done.

Went to church this morning and the youth group was serving pancakes and sausage as a fund raiser for their mission trip next month.



After that I picked up Mom and headed for the city. We hadn't spent any time together for quite awhile and I was feeling a little guilty. We had a nice time. Went to Angels and Demons and then hit Applebee's for a bite to eat. Actually I had several bites, at least one too many, and then almost didn't have the energy to head home. Decided to stop and see Jen (oldest daughter) on the way back and stayed for an hour or so to visit with her. Mom hadn't been to their house to see the work they have been doing in their kitchen or the new deck. When I got Mom home I helped her with a couple of things. I wanted to get out her digital photo frame that she has had for over a year and never had out of the box. I'm going to set up some pictures on a memory card, so she can start enjoying it.


I don't even want to think about going back to work tomorrow. The weekends are just too short and are getting shorter all the time. I must be getting old. Oh well, I guess it's time to head off to bed. 6:00 AM seems to come awfully early.

Have a great week........................

2 comments:

Nej said...

I'm going to sue you for copyright infringment...weekend update lady!!!

Nej said...

She still had it in the box???