Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello World

Hello World

I'm sitting here in Nej's living room getting lessons on blogging. Yes, I know. How far behind the times can one person possibly be? I do actually have electricity in my house and running water, but in the world of social media I'm way behind. So, please bear with me in my quest to join the 21st century.

I actually wanted to start this as a sort of journal. I've never been good at writing in diaries or keeping journals. To tell the truth, I've never tried. But after reading Nej's blog for a couple of months I've decided this might work. I"m on my computer every day, so why not take a few minutes to jot down some of my ramblings. I'll probably bore everyone to death, but reading this may have value to anyone suffering from insomnia.

So, let's get started shall we? I'm going to start with our adventures of last weekend. I say "our" adventures, as I shared the weekend with the same person I've been sharing weekends with for, oh, 34 years. My husband Michael aka "The Filthy Beast". Don't worry that I'm insulting him, he actually came up with the title himself. Our daughter is a huge Cary Grant fan and it's a line from our favorite of his many movies, "Father Goose". Anyway, on to the weekend.

Michael is something of an Indy Car race fan and has wanted to go to Newton IA to the Iowa Speedway ever since it opened. They have been racing Indy cars there for 3 years now and we decided that this was the year. I wasn't terribly excited about it at first, but that changed about 5 minutes after we arrived, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Michael left on Tuesday to take our camper over, try to get a site and try to score tickets to the race. He called me late in the day to tell me he had been successful in both quests. Camp site secured and tickets in his hand. OK, now I guess I had to go.


Campsite at Rock Creek State Park

Stay tuned for part two of our weekend adventure.

2 comments:

Nej said...

Welcome to modern day technology ma! :-) It's about friggin' time!!!!

Love the blog, and can't wait to hear what you have to say!!!

Goody Two Shoes said...

Thanks, oh daughter of mine. I know I'm slow, but I promise to try and catch up.