Monday, January 25, 2010

Never Again........But I Think I've Said That Before!!

The weekend's coming and what to do........................

This was me this past Friday. What shall I do.

Text arrives from oldest daughter. "Want to go to the Hockey game with me?"

"Yes, Yes, Yes" I replied.

So...........after I work, I headed to Jen's. She and Tom suggested going to the "Worm" (translation: Eat The Worm. Bar in the Old Market)

So to the "Worm" we go. After one drink and 2 tacos it's time to head to the game, but after checking to see if the game was on TV. (It wasn't) and debating how badly we're gonna get beat (we didn't) we decided to skip the game and hang at "The Worm". OK, this is where the story gets ugly.

We stayed at the bar and had a few more drinks. Steve had brought Chris and it was apparently our job to give him dating advice, at least I think that's what we did.

When the evening ended I found myself unable to drive home, so up to Jen and Tom's guest room I go. (with a little help from Jen, I think)

I worke up and headed downstairs, carefully, to use the bathroom. Since my stomach couldn't decide whether or not to hurl, I didn't go back up. I just landed on the couch and that's where Tom found me the next morning.

It was almost noon before I decided I would be able to drive home by myself.

I did get home safely and spent the rest of the day sleeping.

Moral to the story. Never again, but then I've said that before.

1 comment:

Nej said...

Yeah...Natalie's drinks pack a punch. She really like us, and isn't shy about the alcohol. :-)

Just don't listen to Mr. Weaver next time, and you'll be fine. :-)