Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mice beware............Sugar is in the house!!!!!

I wish I had a picture, but just the narrative will have to do.

When I got up this morning (5:45 AM)Sugar was crouched between the bookshelf and the humidifier. Just sitting there staring at the wall.

Strange I said to myself, but proceeded to check the weather (cold and windy as predicted)and waited for Michael to get home from work.

When he finally got home (30 minutes late due to crappy road conditions, again)he asked where she was and I pointed out her "spot". Strange he said.

We had breakfast, he went to bed and I decided not to drive in to work, road conditions being what they were.

Later in the morning, I again started looking for the cat and again she was crouched between the bookshelf and the humidifier. Strange I thought.

Michael got up about 11:30 for lunch and Sugar was still in the same spot, staring at the wall peeking into the gap between the bookshelf and the wall once in awhile. I figured one of her toy mice was back there and she wanted it, so I got my stick (used for pulling toy mice out from under all the furniture, where Sugar likes to hide them) and poked around. I finally pulled out one of her toys, all chewed up and the stuffing pulled out. Obviously the victim of, you got it, a mouse.

I decided to help Sugar out, and I emptied everything off the shelf and pulled it out. Guess what we found???? One large mouse. Sugar got it and carried it away and I, in typical girl fashion, squealed and yelled at Michael to get it away from her before she let it loose in the house. He did and put the mouse outside, much to Sugar's displeasure.

Now the shelf is back in place with everything dusted and returned to it's place. Sugar has been napping the rest of the day. Mouse hunting is tiring work.

I just wish I had pictures of the whole thing. Maybe next time. :-)

No comments: