Monday, November 30, 2009

Part 1: Who wants more turkey?

I love Thanksgiving!!!

It's a fairly low stress holiday and then there's the food.

This year was no different. Dinner at Jen and Tom's. Michael and I, Doug Cindy and the kids, Tom's parents and grandmother.
I got off work at 1:30 on Wednesday and headed to the grocery store for "last minute stuff" and then to Jen's. She and I were going to do some prep for Thanksgiving dinner and then just chill.
I was going to spend the night to eliminate some driving back and forth.
By the time I arrived, Jen had most of the cooking done and we headed out to rent movies for an evening of "vegging".
Movie one was "The Ugly Truth". An ok movie, but not one I'd want to see again.
We headed to bed fairly early and I read and played on the computer.
I awoke to footsteps downstairs, Tom was home, so I headed down to join the fun.
First up was getting the tables set up and putting on tablecloths.

Next was getting the turkey in the oven.





After the turkey was safely cooking away, we sat down to watch some recorded "So You Think You Can Dance".
Next up was the Green Beans. This is a tradition that Jen loves and was started by my Mom, years ago.

Tom browning the onions and bacon for the beans.

Then we watched some more "So You Think You Can Dance" and after awhile I headed back upstairs to get dressed. (So far I'd spent the morning in my jammies.)
While I was upstairs I heard some commotion from the kitchen and then I heard, OWW,OWW, OWW. (Coming from Jen). I headed back downstairs to see this.

Yep, that's blood. Jen cut her finger pretty good on the slicer and as is tradition, a picture had to be taken. Does this seem a little goulish???? Well, that's us..............

Potatoes were next up. Jen was trying a new recipe. It looked really pretty in the pan, but (and don't tell Jen this)I really didn't enjoy them. Sorry Jen!! I love that you like to try new things.




Tom made some rockin' homemade sourdough bread.



Jen and Cindy carved the Turkey, which was delicious by the way.




Here's the whole spread.



Here's the whole gang.



And you have to have desert.



Stay tuned for Part 2 of "Who wants more Turkey"
:-)

2 comments:

Nej said...

It's a good thing Jen isn't one of your followers. She'll never know that you didn't like the taters!! :-)

Did you have any out of the round dish? They were actually completely cooked. (hehehehehe)

Goody Two Shoes said...

I knew you would read it, and I knew you'd see that I didn't like the taters. That's ok, the rest of the meal was awesome!!!!